- July, for our family, always begins with our daughter's birthday. Isn't she gorgeous?
- We celebrated the 4th of July at the home of our niece, Leslie, and her boyfriend, Will.
- Chris hosted a going away party for his friend, Eli, who is moving to Baton Rouge to attend LSU. We had about 25-30 people here for a campout, music and karoke.
The last weekend of June we attended a wedding in Tulsa then spent the weekend there celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary which was the weekend before.
Around My Home
We've been busy but still made time for several nights of stargazing. Last night we took the telescope outside and looked at the blue moon. Shiloh likes to join us for these quiet evenings under the stars.
The House on First Street: My New Orleans Story by Julia Reed
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo
Watching - Movies and T.V.
- T.V. -
We are also enjoying The Astronaut Wives Club. The history is interesting, of course, but I'm also loving the fashions and home decor.
- Movies -
Last night we watched My Old Lady on Netflix. We both really enjoyed it.
Out and About - Trips and Events
Listening - Music and Podcasts
Our city has been hosting "Music in the Park" several Sunday evenings throughout the summer. I was asked to schedule the musicians. So far we've been able to attend two of these and really enjoyed them.
Food - Recipes, Restaurants and Grocery Hauls
- While in Tulsa we looked for a sports bar where we could watch Women's World Cup. We found Fat Daddy's where I also had one of the best Reuben sandwiches I've ever had, as well as delicious onion rings.
I don't have any recipes or grocery hauls to share this time but I will next month. Promise!
- While in Tulsa we enjoyed a show by Let's Zeppelin, a tribute band.
- We saw Our Mother's Martyr perform in OKC:
- We took a Trip to Idaho to visit David's mother.
Featured Blog Posts
- I had the honor of meeting this Choctaw man:
- Karoke in my backyard: